Cashew cream sauce is one of our staple ingredients for soups, chilis, as a pizza
“cheese,” or to add in anything that we want to make creamy the way dairy sour cream or cream cheese might. It adds richness and flavor without the addition of hormones, antibiotics or animal products.
½ cup soaked raw cashews ***
1 cup almond milk
3 TBS tapioca flour
4 TBS nutritional yeast
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
****Raw cashews must be soft in order to use. They can either be soaked
overnight in water (I use a small canning jar with a lid in the fridge), or the faster
method is pouring boiling water over them in a small bowl and letting them sit for 20 to 40 minutes.
1) Add all ingredients, we recommend adding cashews first, to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
2) Once blended you can use the cream in soups, other sauces, or as a sauce by itself as shown above on roasted potatoes and asparagus.
3) To make more of a cheese, as shown on the pizza below, take blended ingredients and pour into a medium fry pan over medium heat and start to warm
4) Stir the warming cream sauce constantly as it will start to thicken and clump up.
Need to mix to make it smooth and to keep from sticking.
5) Remove from heat as it begins to thicken to stop from getting to thick. It will continue to thicken until cools.